• Black Bolt thought he had escaped the alien prison where he was tortured in his brother’s place. But no one escapes their penance – not even the Midnight King.
• Even without his mighty voice, Black Bolt has a few tricks up his sleeve. But will they be enough to save his young companion Blinky – or himself?
• With the Inhumans in chaos, a powerful foe is ready to take control: Lash!
• But now that the rite of Terrigenesis is lost, what are Lash’s plans for the Inhuman race? And what does he want with Black Bolt and his companions?
• The Midnight King faces the legacy he’s left behind!
• The stars await the survivors, but someone must pay the ultimate penance. Who lives and who dies in the Jailer’s sick game?
• As Black Bolt turns the tables on the evil Jailer!
• But what about his fellow prisoners? Given a choice, will the Midnight King choose the company of thieves?
• And what hope do they have against a creature who knows their deepest secrets?
• When their prison break ends in catastrophe, Black Bolt and the Absorbing Man are forced to confront their pasts – together.
• What makes a hero and a villain?
• When new hope comes from an unexpected source, Black Bolt faces a choice. What price will he pay for his freedom?
• The prisoners revolt! But are Black Bolt and his unlikely allies simply pawns in a bigger game?
• Plus: Death’s Head! Is he there to help…or hunt?
• And who – or what – is the warden of this strange place? Whatever it is, the Jailer knows only penance and fear. And soon, so will the Silent King!
Black Bolt imprisoned! But by who? And where exactly? The answers to both will shock you! But to learn those answers, Black Bolt must first win a fight to the death with a fellow inmate – The Absorbing Man! Award-winning science fiction writer Saladin Ahmed (Throne of the Crescent Moon) crafts a story as trippy as it is action-packed, with truly mind-bending art from the one and only Christian Ward!
After months off-world, the former Inhuman King Black Bolt returns to Earth to find judgment awaiting him. In his absence, the Inhumans were rounded up, imprisoned and now struggle to maintain their fragile democracy. But someone must pay the price for the horrors they’ve endured. Will Black Bolt survive his people’s wrath? PLUS: Includes 3 bonus MARVEL PRIMER PAGES!